Monday, February 8, 2016

World's Best Dad

It is never too soon to start working on Father's Day cards.  Or cards for your father's birthday.  I saw the sketch over at Mojo Monday and decided to take a more masculine spin on it to go with the challenge over at Stampin' Royalty which was a project created for a guy.  Here is that sketch:


And here is my manly take on it:


Going Global is my favorite masculine stamp set by far!  And the Going Places DSP stack works so well with it.  I started off with a Delightful Dijon card base and layered on two DSPs from the Going Places stack.  I stamped the world in Basic Black onto some Sahara Sand card stock and layered it on a Delightful Dijon scalloped circle.  I added a compass to the top stamped with Delightful Dijon onto Very Vanilla.  I made a little banner with the sentiment and layered with more Delightful Dijon card stock.  Finally I added a gold star cut using the Stars Framelits.  

Thanks for looking at my card.  Enjoy the rest of your Monday!  

  

5 comments:

  1. That's a great card! I love this stamp set too, perfect for Masculine cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the map theme! Great masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a stunning card. I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete