Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Watercolored Peacock

As much as I love all the new Occasions Catalog items, it is nice to dig back in my stash and show some love to a stamp set from the Annual Catalog.  And when I saw the color challenge over at Watercooler Wednesday, I knew exactly which stamp set would be getting some ink.  I decided to combine it with a flipped around version of the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  Here are both challenges:    


Here is my card:


I love that peacock!  When I saw all those colors, I knew I had to use it!  I used my Aqua Painters and had to channel my Inner Elsa and "Let It Go" when the colors ran together.  I am new to watercoloring, but I ended up liking it once I was done.  I was so happy to use that little strip of Silver Glimmer paper because it was a scrap and that along with the sequins gives it just the right mount of sparkle and shine!  The stamp comes from the Watercolor Wishes kit.  I always forget about that great stamp set but when I was looking for a small sentiment to fit that area, that was perfect!  Below you can find a shopping list.  Thanks for checking out my card!  


14 comments:

  1. Wow! Jenny this is such a beautifully coloured card. Combining our colour challenge with the sketch challenge works beautifully. This card is simply stunning. Thanks so much for joining us this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I loved coloring this peacock with the Blendabilities and now I love watercoloring him too!

      Delete
  2. Jenny, that peacock stamp is the perfect stamp to showcase the challenge colours! As Heidi wrote, it is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is a beautiful card. You really used the challenge colours to a great advantage. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job of watercolouring, Jenny! (good Elsa impersonation ;) ) The colours really are perfect for this peacock stamp, and you made it shine. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell I have a little girl? Thanks Deborah!

      Delete
  5. Very good use of both sketches! Your detailed coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Libby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny what a beautiful card! Beautiful application of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and such gorgeous colors together! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jenny on your win over at Watercooler Wednesday! Your coloring is perfect with Jean's color combination. :)

    ReplyDelete