Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Picture Perfect Starfish

The Occasions Catalog is full of so many great new products.  I had to pace myself and I finally got the Picture Perfect Stamp Set.  The images you can create with this are so pretty.  Here is the stamp set:


I love those roses but today I am showing off the starfish.  I saw a color challenge from Can You Case It and a sketch challenge from Paper Craft Crew that I knew would work with this set.  Here are the challenges:



Here is my card:


It is hard to see in the photo but the starfish is stamped with two colors, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.  The stamps are photopolymer which makes lining them up so easy!  I should also mention that I used the Shine On DSP, because I liked the look of the silver foil and kraft.  I also used the Corrugated Paper for the little circle found in the Annual Catalog...a great and easy way to add texture.  And I used some retired products...the Blackberry Bliss twine and button were Sale-A-Bration items from last year.  Can I just take a moment and give a shout out to the best purple ever!  I love Blackberry Bliss and am already sad about its upcoming retirement.  Although I am sure Stampin' Up! will come up with another fabulous In Color for me to fall in love with.  Below is a shopping list!  Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. Love the starfish and embellishments! Thanks for joining PCC :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the colors on your card! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the starfish as the focal point. Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the starfish, can't wait to mix it with the other ocean stamps!

      Delete
  4. Just fabulous, I love the look of your card. And am sad to hear about Blackberry Bliss, it is a gorgeous color. Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week at CYCI!

    AJ, DT
    CanYouCaseIt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackberry Bliss is my favorite...I will miss it. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. I love the coordination of the Shine On DSP and the Corrugated cardstock. The starfish is one of my fav's from this set. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew for this week's challenge! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Deborah, I was so happy to use all the fun kraft elements!

      Delete
  6. What a great card to use as a thank you, just to say hello or for someone who just loves the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on earning Can You Case It? highest honor! You've Aced the Case! please visit cyci for your badge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love the attention paid to detail and it's such a CAS and elegant card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew this week! We hope that you will join us next week as we have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer, wow is that starfish ever stunning as the center for your card. Very nicely done. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew! XO Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, I love this card! The Starfish is eye catching especially with the contrasting color. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete