Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Party Without Cake

I love the It's My Party suite so much, I have designed a class all around it.  And to make the best use of my time I drew inspiration from some great online challenges.  I was excited to see the new sketch over at Can You Case It.  Have a look yourself:


I knew I could use some of that fabulous DSP from the It's My Party stack.  Here is my card:


I love the fun background paper, the colors have such a good mix of bright and soft.  I stamped the cake in Sahara Sand and then added the sentiment over it with the Basic Black Archival Ink.  It came out so crisp and clean!  I used the little candle punch that you can bundle with the stamp set to add a single candle.  I added some of the Crushed Curry DSP across the bottom and added some of the balloon washi tape.  I actually layered the tape on some Whisper White and then glued that on.  I finished the card off with the Mint Macaron/Basic Black baker's twine.  Thanks for looking!  Below you can find a list of the supplies I used to create this card:


6 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!! Would make anyone's day, better!!! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, great party card! So festive! Love the candle. Thanks for joining us at CYCI...Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, Sweet birthday card! Very festive and I love cake! Thanks for playing along with the CYCI? Challenge. ~Pam,DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, I love the background paper too!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at CYCI?! ~ AJ, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny very fun card!! Love the DSP! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete