Monday, January 18, 2016

January INKspiration Challenge

Happy Monday!  We have a great challenge for you this week at SSI.  I might be biased because it is now a challenge that I am responsible for.  The third Monday of the month is an INKspiration challenge.  I designate an image, usually to go with the season or some of our popular stamps or DSP and you create any project you want that is inspired from the image.  You can use the colors, shapes, subject matter, whatever your little heart desires!  So let's see what we have in store for this month:   


YUMMY, right?  I think I need to drop some not so subtle hints that I would love some chocolate covered strawberries from my hubby.  Anyways, here is what I came up with:


Yep, I made the strawberries!  I had to!  I won the Apple of My Eye stamp set at a Stampin' Up! event I went to so I was happy to fine a chance to use it.  I am not sure I would have bought it, so I am glad I won it.  The image is actually supposed to be a pear and it's solid.  So you are probably saying, how did you do that?  I did some KISSing!  I used the flowery pattern stamp from I Think You're Great and inked it up in Real Red, that used that as my new ink pad for the strawberry shape.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I had to make them extra fancy too so I added some sequins and red Dazzling Details.  Here is the inside:


I had to make another strawberry and "take a bite out of it!"  Love using our punches in such fun ways!  Below is a complete supply list.  Thanks for checking out what I did.  Now let's see what you come up with?  Upload your creation at SSI!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to use this stampset! I am sold! I love how you used the pear to create the strawberries....genius. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tammy! I was so thrilled with how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous way to use this stampset! I am sold! I love how you used the pear to create the strawberries....genius. 😊

    ReplyDelete