Friday, January 15, 2016

A Sweet Birthday Card

I have a very sweet birthday card to share with you today for a very sweet little girl.  I was inspired by the sketch I saw over at Create with Connie and Mary.  Check it out:


Okay so I should confess, I did rotate their sketch.  I am sure the sideways words gave that away.  Ha ha ha!  Here is my card:


I used a lot of fun things in this card including my favorite color, Mint Macaron!  I love how it pairs with Blushing Bride.  Instead of a flower, I decided to use the ice cream cone from the Sale-A-Bration set Honeycomb Happiness.  It matches perfectly with the ice cream cone paper from the Birthday Bouquet DSP.  I did run out of room for my sentiment so I took some vellum and embossed on the Happy Birthday from Perfect Pairings, another Sale-A-Bration set.  Thanks for looking.  Below I have a complete supply list.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


16 comments:

  1. Great idea to flip the sketch! Love the embossed vellum and that cute little ice cream cone. A truly delightful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I was so bummed when Stampin' Up! retired most of their colored embossing powder...I have quite the collection!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet card! Love how you flipped the sketch and I love that honeycomb embellishment! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Those honeycombs are so fun, I can't wait to use more!

      Delete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! I love the gelato colours...makes me hungry! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was perfect for a little girl who loves ice cream!

      Delete
  4. How fun and sweet! I really like the sketch flipped on it's side! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such a great sketch, so easy to use!

      Delete
  5. Flipping the sketch is perfectly allowable, especially when you use it as well as this! I love your co-ordinated pastel ice creams and the honeycomb embellishment is a great focal point on your card. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a hand delivered card since it would not do well in the mail!

      Delete
  6. This works so well in this direction! Love getting to see a longer strip of the ice cream cones, and the colors are so happy! Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just love that paper, especially those yummy colors!

      Delete
  7. I flipped the sketch as well! Love your ice cream theme! Great color choices too! :) Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...such fun! Great 'flip' of the sketch and LOVE your ice cream cone and matching paper! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling...love the sketch flipped! That ice cream cone is just so sweet for a birthday girl! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! The embossed sentiment really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete