Monday, August 17, 2015

August Layout Sketch

We have a great Project Life inspired layout for you for this month's layout sketch.  Check it out:


I knew exactly what pictures I wanted to use for this layout.  But I had to do some flipping and flopping.  Here is my layout:


I struggled with taking a good picture.  The pocket pages make a pretty good glare and unfortunately, this was the best I could do.  I took my daughter for a mommy and me date to have tea with Cinderella.  It was such a cute little afternoon.  Jessica was dressed in a cute Cinderella outfit.  Here are some close ups:


Here is a little banner I made using banner triple punch and some fun accessories.  


This stamp is a promotional stamp for demonstrators to use for the Paper Pumpkin program.  I knew it would be perfect for this page.  I embossed the sentiment in silver and added some sliver glitter for some extra magic.


I love this picture!  When we were leaving, inspiration struck and I told Jessica to go back up the steps and she knew exactly what I wanted her to do.  I love that we are two peas in a pod!

We have a bonus sketch as well, a traditional layout for you if you like.  Check it out:


I decided to make a card based on the layout.  


I absolutely love this new bundle from the new Holiday Catalog.  Creating your very own snow globes is just so much fun.  I thought this would be a fun birthday card for a little girl.  I water-colored the ballerina with an aqua painter.  I stamped some vellum in Blushing Bride and then embossed it with some iridescent ice.  The base of the snow globe is also embossed in silver.  See that gorgeous blushing bride glitter ribbon?  It is just the white glitter ribbon from the Holiday Catalog.  I flipped it over an colored it with a Blushing Bride Stmapin' Write Marker.  So pretty and so easy!  
  
Thanks so much for checking out my projects.  Did you get a chance to see the other pages over at SSI?  How about you upload your page and take part in our challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment