Monday, June 29, 2020

Thanks a Ton

I received a lovely handmade necklace and bracelet from a woman I was introduced to through a mutual friend.  She posted some samples of her work and I asked her to design something for me and she went above and beyond.  So I needed to make her something as a thank you in return.  I needed a little help getting started so I found a great sketch over at The Paper Players


I had just received a huge box of fabulous goodies, including the Whale of a Time Suite.  I knew that was exactly what I wanted to work with!   Here is my card:


I started with a Pretty Peacock card base and added a layer of Pool Party embosses with the Seabed embossing folder.  I added a strip of the Whale of a Time DSP.  Then I layered on some more DSP onto some Pretty Peacock.  I love the ocean floor scenery paper.  I stamped and punched out the whale and used dimensionals to adhere it on.  I stamped my sentiment onto some Whisper White and cut them out with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I also added some of the Whale of a Time sequins on the bottom of the sea floor.  Here are some close ups: 



For the inside I cut a strip of the seaweed DSP and stamped a little seahorse.


I can't wait to make more with this suite!  The papers are so fun and colorful and the stamp set is super cute!  Stay tuned for more fishy fun!

4 comments:

  1. I love this suite and your card shows it off really well, thanks for sharing your talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love your ocean scene! The embossing adds so much detail and that whale looks amazing swimming over this fabulous sea floor! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the little pops of the DSP and that textured layer really adds so much detail. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete