Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Magical Birthday


I just love the Whale of a Time Suite!  I decided to mix it up with the lovely Magical Mermaid stamp set that retired last year.  And I saw a perfect sketch over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday with a Make a Splash optional theme.  Here is the sketch:

  

I was very inspired all those fabulous designers but wanted to try to do something different.  Here is my card:


I started with a Pool Party card base and embossed the front with the Seabed 3-D embossing folder.  I layered some of the Whale of a Time DSP on some Pretty Peacock card stock, corner rounded on the bottom.  I stamped the mermaid with Memento and colored her in with Stampin' Blends (Bermuda Bay Light and Dark, Ivory and Calypso Coral Dark), fussy cut her out and put her in the water with dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral and layered that on top of a strip of coral print DSP.  I finished the card off with some sequins in her hair and shells to anchor the sentiment.  I also coated the mermaid's scales with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.

I love when I can pair a great sketch with some old and new stampin' goodies!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

        

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Jenny! I am LOVING this DSP, what a perfect background for your gorgeous mermaid! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jenny! The mermaid with her lovely hair, fits perfectly in the theme. Thank you for joining TSOT! Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Jenny! You did a fantastic job coloring the mermaid, and the wave DSP goes perfectly with her!!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete