Monday, June 15, 2020

Let's Celebrate Sunflowers


I am back with a goal to create and blog a little each day!  To get initially motivated I am going to be entering some online creative challenges.  I found a perfect color challenge and mixed it with a fun sketch challenge.  



I decided to use some new toys.  For the colors here is what I picked:



I just love the new in color Misty Moonlight!  I thought it would pair nicely with Granny Apple Green.  Then for the lighter shade of blue I chose Pool Party...mostly because I want to go to one!  And for the purple color, I went with Rich Razzleberry.  

I knew I wanted to play with the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle.  It is an absolute MUST HAVE.  The dies cut beautifully, the stamps are gorgeous and the sentiments are perfect!  Here is my card:




I started with a Misty Moonlight card base and added a layer of the Misty Moonlight DSP paper with the words as a background.  I stamped my big sunflower in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White then colored it with some Stampin' Blends.  When I die cut it, I didn't have it lined up perfectly so there was some white around the edges...so I sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.  I also cut the intricate flower in Rich Razzleberry and layered it on top.  For the leaves, I did the same thing with Granny Apple Green.  I stamped my sentiment in Pool Party and added some retired Pool Party shimmer ribbon underneath it.  Finally I took my Pool Party Stampin Blends, colored some pearls and added a few for a little extra.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the contrast of bold flower against the text print background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the throwdown colors in this vibrant design! So glad you were able to join us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete