Tuesday, June 25, 2019

An Encouraging Mermaid

Today I have a card from you that is inspired from two challenges; a sketch at the Paper Players and a color challenge over at Color Throwdown.  



Love the sketch, its simple and oh my goodness, those colors are so pretty!  Here is my card:


I did an awful lot here and I had so much fun doing it.  The mermaid is from the stamp set Magical Mermaid and she is stamped on vellum with Stazon and colored with Stampin' Write Markers.  I used Mint Macaron, Petal Pink and Flirty Flamingo.  Then for the tri-colored background I used the Bokeh Dots stamp set and got out my Stampuratus.  I used the hinge method where you ink up your stamp, stamp, clean, re-ink then move the plate down.  Its SO easy!  I used Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue and Highland Heather.  Its a mermaid so I had to used some silver glimmer paper underneath,  The card base is Balmy Blue with a layer embossed with the High Seas embossing folder.  I dug up the sentiment from a retired stamp set, because it was so perfect.  I finished it off with some sequins and a coral vellum piece from the most recent Paper Pumpkin.  Here is the inside:  


I just used the mermaid silhouette and the sentiment from Magical Mermaid to finish off my encouraging card.  

Thanks for visiting!    




2 comments:

  1. Your mermaid is just perfect for the vertical panel on our sketch Jenny - love the embossed waves and addition of the sequins too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your mermaid looks beautiful! I love the silver panel behind her and the bokeh dot patterns, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete