Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My Amazing Mother

Mother's Day will be here before you know it.  We are sharing some INKspiration for this very occasion over at SSI.  Nothing says I love you to a mother like a hand stamped creation.  And it doesn't have to be your mother.  Your friend, your sister, your daughter...anyone who is a mother or even a Godmother is celebrated on this day!

Here is a special card I made:


I used several stamps from the Occasions Catalog and a very pretty feminine color palette of Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon with some gold accents.  I stamped some collage images from Timeless Textures to give the card some color and a vintage look.  The sentiment comes from Greatest Greetings which truly has the best greetings for the springtime.  The idea of the rose was actually inspired by a piece of jewelry I recently bought for myself.  It is a crystal enclosed in some yellow gold to look like a rose.  So that is what I did.  Here is a close up:


I cut the rose twice, once in the gold foil and then again with the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  And the I put it together like a puzzle.  The picture doesn't do it justice, it is the perfect combo of sparkle and shine.  The sequins come from the Love Blossoms Accessory kit.  Here is a peek at the inside:    


I stamped some additional flowers and outlined my sentiment with some Lost Lagoon.  The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set and it heat embossed in gold.

Thanks so much for looking at my card.  Be sure to head back to SSI for other Mother's Day projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment