Wednesday, April 6, 2016

CASEing with the Bloomin' Heart Thinlit Die

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  Well today I am going to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a fellow designer.  This time a card made by Dawn caught my eye.  Check out her card first:


I love so much about this card.  I actually want to make it exactly as is, but I needed an anniversary card.  So I decided to just pull certain elements from it, especially the Bloomin' Heart thinlit die, the banners and the metallic accents.  Here is my card:


I also used some patterned paper for that beautiful heart.  And I did do some embossing, but instead of using my Big Shot, I heat embossed my sentiment.  Here are some close ups:


I put the heart die cut into some Whisper White which already had a heart cut out of it.  I saw this technique on Pinterest and loved how it looked!  


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  I used the Banner Triple Punch here.  See that pretty Polka Dot paper in silver?  It can be found in the Neutrals Color Collection DSP stack, gold and silver sheets!  I also added some silver thread underneath the sentiment and some candy and enamel dots along with some rhinestones.


With such a special card, I needed to make a special envelope.  I grabbed a sheet of the Birthday Bouquet DSP.  I love the combo of Mint Macaron and Blushing Bride with some silver accents.  

I love how Dawn's card gave me a great springboard to make this special anniversary card.  Head back over to SSI to see how some of the other Design Team members CASE'd each other!  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment