Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April Showers

April is the month know for its rain.  And where that may seem like a downer, I was reminded by a customer's daughter that without the rain we wouldn't have rainbows.  She inspired this card that I made in like five minutes (that is rare for me!).  Check it out:


I love the silver foil raindrops on the kraft paper.  Who would have ever thought to put that together.  Thankfully Stampin' Up! starts us off with great paper that makes it easy to create with.  The cloud is actually one of the framelits from the Flower Fair set.  I used my fringe scissors with some Cucumber Crush card stock and tied some Bermuda Bay thick twine.  Here is the inside:


I just love the Over the Rainbow stamp set.  It was one of the very first stamp sets I bought from this Annual Catalog when it came out.  It has me wondering what will be my favorite in the new new annual catalog.  June will be here soon (and as a demo I get to see it sooner!).  I just stamped the sentiment with the Memento Tuxedo Black and used my Stampin' Write markers to color inside.  So easy!  I used most of the brights, except instead of Old Olive I used Cucumber Crush.  

Thanks for checking out my card today!   Head back over to SSI for some more rain INKspired cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment