Monday, March 6, 2017

March Color Challenge

As a Stampin' Up demo, I am pretty in the know with their fabulous products.  And one thing that I am excited about is a new catalog on the horizon, because June will be here before you know it!  But one thing that has me terribly sad is the inevitable retirement of the 2015-2017 In Colors.  Some of these colors are so near and dear to my heart (Mint Macaron!!!!).  In the new few months we will be grouping these retiring colors up with other core colors for the SSI Color Challenge.  Check out this week's:


Oh Tip Top Taupe...you became my go to brown.  You gave Crumb Cake a well deserved break.  You were pretty much an awesome neutral that went with everything.  Anyways, here is my card with these colors:


I will be honest, this card came together very quickly.  I decided to grab a stamp set that hasn't seen a lot of ink, Watercolor Wings along with the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  I like how the colors work together to create such a bold butterfly.  I used a strip of the Brights Designer Series Paper Stacks in Melon Mambo over some Perfect Plum embossed with the Brick Wall folder.  I used the sentiment from the same stamp set and punched it out with the a circle punch and used a Tip Top Taupe doily underneath.  I love those In Color Doilies and I plan on using them more often in the next few months!  

Thanks so much for visiting my page today.  Did you get a chance to see the other designers creations using these color over at SSI.  And more importantly, did you get a chance to make you own and upload it?  I can't wait to see what you can do!  


No comments:

Post a Comment