Thursday, January 12, 2017

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration January Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the January installment of the Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration Blog Hop.  Today we are talking all about birthdays!  Everyone has one and therefore we are always needing birthday cards.  I decided to create cards from the same suite of products; Tasty Treats!  I just love all the ice cream and popsicles along with the fun bright colors.  These cards would work for anyone with a sweet tooth; masculine, feminine of for the kids!    

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 6 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Cheryl H. at Create with Cheryl. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

Up first is an ice cream cone card that really shows off the DSP for this suite:
  

I used a Crumb Cake card base and layered the DSP on some Pear Pizzazz card stock.  I used the Layering Ovals framelits with some Watermelon Wonder and the sprinkles DSP to frame my custom made ice cream cone cut with the Cool Treats framelits.  I love how the cone is embossed as well as perfectly cut.  I finished up the cone with some of the adorable Sprinkles embellishments which has several different sized sequins and mini pearls.  The sentiment is stamped in Pear Pizzazz and layered on some Pool Party.  




I love this next card.  It is actually quite simple and and the use of washi tape was inspired by Bree's card from last week.  


I love how this turned out.  The washi tape background was so easy to do.  I was initially just going to make a gift tag but cut it too short and then decided it would be cute on a card.  I used the Layering Ovals again with Cool Treats framelits.  Again, check out how the framelit cut and emboss the ice cream cone.  I also was able to stamp the soft serve ice cream to give it a two toned effect.  I used the Scalloped Tag Topper punch along with some Pool Party ribbon tied with some Linen Thread.  



All  this love for the ice cream, I had to make a card with the popsicles.  


This card really just shows off a little bit of the DSP, so it would be a good way to make a lot of cards without using a lot of the DSP each time.  I used the Layering Squares along with the Stitched Shapes dies.  I stamped and die cut my popsicles in Peekaboo Peach and Watermelon Wonder (stamping off first for the first layer) and used a lighter shade of Crumb Cake for the sticks (stamped off first).  I places these on some Vellum with some Silver Thread looped below it.  



I just love this Suite of products and am looking forward to creating with it in the future.  It makes great birthday cards for all ages!  Speaking of Birthday Cards, that's what this Blog Hop is all about and next up is Nichole L at Scrappy Stamps & Ink.  



Blog Hop Participant List:

1. Jen G. at Faith.Grace.Stamp
2. Cathy A. at Maine Mountain Stamper
3. Diana E. at Stampin' Fun with Diana
4. Pamela W. at Stinky Tofu
5. Darcy J. at Dj's Stampin' Place
6. Cheryl H. at Create with Cheryl
7. Jennifer G. at Jenny G Paper Crafts
8. Nichole L. at Scrappy Stamps & Ink
9. Tobe B. at The Craft Sea
10. Darla R. at Stampin' with Darla
11. Donna S. at Geek Squad Crafting
12. Jen P. at By the Shore Stamping
13. Melissa S. at The Stamp Doc
14. Bree R. at Craft-somnia Momma
15. Tonya B. at Stampin' with Tonya
16. Kim R. at Stamping with Kim

12 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! I think I like the Washi one best! But look at that vellum under the popsicles. And the sprinkles on the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love all of your cards so much! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed all your cards, I see a CASE coming on my end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were busy!! I love all of these. The washi and the vellum were perfect touches. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, happy colors - great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and yummy cards! Love the addition of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards! I needed some inspiration for this bundle too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these cards are fabulous! The washi is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun cards! Now I want some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun card! Too hard to pick a favorite, but I do love that washi tape look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great!!! I can not wait to get my hands on this bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEK! I love these! I cannot wait to try my hand with this new bundle. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete