Monday, January 16, 2017

January INKspiration Challenge

Happy Monday!  Today we have a great challenge for you over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  It is time for our INKspiration Challenge where we give you a photo and you create anything you want given the picture.  You can draw inspiration from the colors, the subject, the layout, whatever you want!  Here is this month image:


So two things jump out to me with this image; the big heart and the ombre style coloring.  So I went with both of those when creating my card.  Here is my card:


Once I figured out what I wanted to do, this card came together so quickly.  I just used a Whisper White card base and took my color cues from the image.  I used Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder and cut that beautiful heart from the Bloomin' Heart thinlit dies in each color.  I stacked them up exactly on top of each other and cut the stack in thirds and rebuilt in on the card base.  I added some rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.  The sentiment comes from the Bloomin' Love stamp set and it is stamped in Watermelon Wonder.  I added a bit of striped washi tape in Watermelon Wonder and added a die cut heart from the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper.  I finished the card off with the a little bow in Blushing Bride baker's twine.  

What stands out when you look at that image!  Now it's your turn to create something and upload it over at SSI.  


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card and of course I love all the bling added to the heart!

    ReplyDelete