Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Special Birthday Card

Of course I only send and give out my handmade cards.  But sometimes my cards are created special for a special someone.  I am sharing with you a birthday card I made for a very good friend of mine using some of the fabulous new products from the 2017 Occasions Catalog!  


So if you are wondering how I got that gorgeous Bokeh effect on the background paper, I didn't.  That is the paper!  And I predict it is going to be a major hit with this catalog.  I absolutely love the colors here, a Blushing Bride card base, the Falling In Love DSP, the Very Vanilla string of little dragonflies, the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper large dragonfly and touches of Sweet Sugarplum and Copper.  The Blushing Bride Glittery dragonfly is layered over a vellum one with some copper metallic thread peeking out.  I added some pearls and Sweet Sugarplum enamel shapes as well. Here is a peek inside: 


I kept it simple with the sentiment and a extra dragonfly from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set.  Of course a card like this needs a special envelope: 


I love the Layered Letters Alphabet to stamp a name right on my custom-made envelop using the Sweet Sugarplum envelope paper.  I also added a dragonfly with some sparkly wings courtesy of the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen. 


I decided to stamp the back with the large flower from Awesomely Artistic.  I love the double sided envelope paper.    

I also decorated the gift bag I gave her as well:


I used some old and new ribbon; the old being the Sweet Sugarplum Glitter Ribbon and the new being the Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.  I just cut a little bit of the Falling In Love DSP, more of that amazing Bokeh effect, into a banner and added a cute little label:


Of course I had to use the Stitched Shapes framelits along with the Layering Circles framelits, they are just too perfect together!  I added the beautiful Falling In Love Flower embellishment for a final touch.  

So are you super excited about these new products?  They will soon be available to buy!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  My project is being featured over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration.  Be sure to keep checking back at SSI for more INKspiration as we countdown the days until the 2017 Occasions Catalog goes live!   

1 comment: