Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Quick and Easy Welcome Baby Card

So I have quite the stash of tools, paper, stamps and accessories.  This means I struggle with simplicity.  I love layers and lots of extras on my projects.  But sometimes you don't need much for a cute card.  Here I created two cute cards, one for the arrival of a baby girl and the other for a baby boy.  One of my very good friends is expecting her first child and since they wanted to be surprised, I had to be prepared for both outcomes!  


I used the Something For Baby stamp set along with Happy Happenings and the Baby's First Framelits.  I love how these turned out!  Here is a close up of each:


I stamped the onesie and the sentiment in Marina Mist.  I sponged Soft Sky over the sentiment using a mask I made with the Label Bracket punch. And the hanger was stamped in Tip Top Taupe, which is quickly becoming a go to color for me.  Sorry Crumb Cake.  


Here is the little girl one.  I used Rose Red and Pink Pirouette.  

So there are two very simple, very cute cards.  Did you get a chance to check out the other creations over at SSI?   

No comments:

Post a Comment