Monday, May 18, 2015

American Pride

When the middle of May hit, I pulled out my patriotic decorations.  These stay out until a little bit after the Fourth of July.  I have always loved Americana themed decor.  And of course I have a lot of handmade decor.  Today I am sharing with you a banner I made using all sorts of Stampin' Up! goodies!  


The pinwheels come from a Paper Pumpkin kit from last summer.  Did you know, if you sign up now you can get the first two months of Paper Pumpkin for 50% off?  I love these kits.  Instead of using the pinwheels to attach to treat bags, I used them for this banner and a wreath as well.  This Build a Banner kit is retiring, but (spoiler alert) a new fabulous one will be in the next catalog.  I used the masks for the background of each banner in Real Red, Night of Navy and Smoky Slate.  I then used the star framelits and the stenciled "America" on them.  I actually used versa mark and embossed on the Real Red and NIght of Navy stars in white and Smoky Slate.  

Thanks so much for looking at my project.  I will be sharing more patriotic projects as the summer comes.  Did you see all the other patriotic themed projects over at SSI?  

1 comment: