Friday, April 17, 2015

Punch Art that Packs a Superhero Punch!

Today we are showcase some fabulous punch art.  A few weeks ago I made a masculine card inspired by Captain America and I mentioned attempting to make more Avenger cards.  Well that day has arrived, sort of.  Instead of making another individual hero focussed card, I tried my hand at making badges for the six main Avengers.  And to have the room for all six badges, I used one of the accordion cards from the February Paper Pumpkin.  Here is the card:

   

Here is a close up and a little explanation of each panel.



Captain America was the easiest to make because I had scraps left over from the card I had previously made.  All I needed was circles and a star (this one was from a framelit) in Real Red, Pacific Point and Whisper White.


Thor was also pretty easy, I used the large ticket from the Ticket Duo punch and the word window for Mjolnir (Thor's hammer). I added a little sponging in Smoky Slate as well.


This was my second try with Hawkeye.  Initially I tried to make a bow and arrow, but I decided a target would work better and be each.  I used Rich Razzleberry.  To make the concentric circles, you punch the smaller one first, then punch the larger one around it.  


Iron Man was the hardest and is my least favorite of the panels.  His shape is a little more unique so I was stumped for a bit.  I finally grabbed a die from the Chalk Talk framelits and made it smaller by running the die partially through, then repositioned the die to make it shorter.  I used a bit of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper for the eyes.   


Hulk was easy,I just had to make the a symbol for the gamma radiation responsible for Hulk's powers.  I just used circle punches and the triangle punch to make this one.


Black widow was also a little tricky.  I settled on a spider marked with a red hour glass mark, like the spider itself.  

Punch art is like an experiment with paper.  Sometimes things don't work but other times you end with great results.  You can make just about anything!  Thanks for looking!  Check out all the other Punch Art creations over at SSI.


No comments:

Post a Comment