Friday, April 3, 2015

PPA #246

When I saw the challenge over at Pal's Paper Arts, I knew I could make something work for a gift I was giving this weekend.  It is a color challenge using some of my favorite (retiring) colors.


These colors would make a perfect color palette for a hostess gift for my parents for Easter.  My mom always goes all out with a big meal and she and my grandmother do an egg hunt for the kids.  It is super fun.  So I want to come with a little thank you.  Here is my project:


I will of course be filling the little basket with candy.  Here is a close up of each project.


I heat embossed the Happy Easter Bunny stamp with white embossing powder on Crisp Cantaloupe and mounted it on the Irresistibly Yours DSP sponges with Crisp Cantaloupe.  Then I used the stretched ruffle trim in Baked Brown Sugar from last year.  The card itself is the scallop oval die creased to make an egg shaped card in Pistachio Pudding.


For the basket, I used the Berry Basket Die of course.  I chose Baked Brown Sugar and lined with the polka dot from the Patterns Pack.  I added the ruffle trim to the basket handle and added the In Color Boutique Details.  I finished off the basket with a butterfly embellished with some pearls.  Instead of Easter Grass, I made my own filler from the Patterns Pack paper from tiny strips then curled with a bone folder.  I can't wait to give this to them.  Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome Easter projects! I love the oval shaped card and embossed image. The basket is adorable with the ruffled trim along the handle. Thanks so much for sharing at the Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and basket are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable all the way around! That bunny just makes me want to dance! Way to rock this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete