Friday, January 9, 2015

Baby got BACKgrounds!

Hello and thanks for checking out my projects for today.  I am new to the design team at SSI and I am so excited to share my work with you.  I thought I would shine the spotlight on something often found in the background...background stamps!  Sometimes even after ALL the fabulous Designer Series Paper you have collected (cough, hoarded) over the years, you just don't have the right colors.  Here is where you can use your background stamps to make your creations even more unique!  I am going to show five fantastic ways you can use background stamps.

First up is the great masks found in the Annual Catalog.  They are inexpensive and you can make your background whatever colors you want.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Next up, I created my own rainbow background using the dots on the Painted Petals Stamp set.  I then embossed the So Very Kind of You in black on vellum and layered on top.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


For this next card I used the Dictionary background to fill the negative space made by the Deco Labels framelit.  I then layered on the word bubble for a fun Hello Card with some ribbon and a clip.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Below I used the kissing stamp technique.  I inked up my hardwood background stamp and then used that as my stamp pad to get the fun pattern onto the heart from Perfect Pennants.  I made another little rainbow as well here and used a sentiment from the same stamp set.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Finally for this last card I inked up my Something Lacy Background stamp with the Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamped on Whisper White and then colored with the Blendabilities.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Do you have background stamps collecting dust in your stamp collection?  I hope my projects have INKspired you to get them out and get them INKY!  Thanks for looking!






No comments:

Post a Comment