Monday, May 8, 2017

May Sketch Challenge

The Eastern Palace Suite is now available for everyone to buy in two special edition bundles; one with the DSP, stamp and coordinating card stock and ink and another with all of those goodies PLUS the amazing coordinating thinlits.  I have had these products for awhile but haven't really played with them too much.  But when I saw this month's sketch challenge for SSI, I knew I could use them.  Check out the sketch:

 
Here is my card:


I started with some of the new Tranquil Tide card stock for my base and added a layer of the Eastern Palace DSP.  For the banners, I used two strips of the DSP as well including a gold foil piece.  The thinlits quickly made all of those super fun intricate die cuts.  For the larger Tranquil Tide piece, I did just use my paper snips to cut them out.  Most of the thinlits don't actually cut out the images fully, but with scissors or some circle dies you can easily cut them out completely.  The purple color is Fresh Fig and it is so pretty!  I stamped my "hello" sentiment in Fresh Fig along with the Tranquil Tide bracket-like pieces.  I finished my card off with a gold tassel and a star like image stamped tone on tone with Fresh Fig and cut out with the dies. 

Here is a close up of all the die cutting:


So yeah, this set is a must have and I feel like I could spend a whole day playing with the stamp set and dies!  But you can use whatever you would like to this week's challenge.  Head back over to SSI and upload your card today!


          

No comments:

Post a Comment