Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Today we are having a little party over at SSI so I had to make a "party" card.  Check it out:


This card uses lots of retiring items including one that is sadly no long available (Cups and Kettle Framelit Dies).  I went for a fun festive color scheme of Cucumber Crush, Tangelo Twist and some Crushed Curry.  I embossed the white background with the Arrows Textured Embossing Folder.  Honestly, the sprinkles were an afterthought.  Actually it was covering up a smudge of ink I got on the white.  I did some "Framelit Art" (as opposed to punch art) to make a margarita glass with vellum.  I colored the back of it with a Crushed Curry marker for the drink and added some Dazzling Details on the end of the glass (these are also retiring).  The sprinkles and the sentiment come from the Party With Cake stamp set which will be in the new annual catalog.  And of course I had to add a lime to my margarita!  Here is a peek at the inside: 


Some more limes and some of the 2014-2016 Designer Washi Tape.  What a fun festive card!  :)  I can't wait to give it!  Head back over to SSI for more celebration cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment