Monday, March 21, 2016

March Inkspiration Challenge

It's Monday already and we have a fun spring inspired challenge for you over at SSI.  Check out the following image:  


The cherry blossoms have started to bloom a bit by me over in Northeastern Pennsylvania.  I wish I could be in Washington DC to see them all!  Your challenge is to create something, anything INKspired by this image.  You can use the colors, the composition, the subject.  Here is my take on this challenge:


I chose the colors and the subject to focus on.  Instead of cherry blossoms, I grabbed the fun Definitely Dahlia stamp.  I used Melon Mambo to stamp it on white then sponged on Blushing Bride in the white spots and cut that flower out.  It is hard to see in the picture but I coated the Blushing Bride parts with the Wink of Stella clear glitter to add a little bit of shine.  Of course I added some more rhinestones to the center for more sparkle.  I embossed the Whisper White background with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  My sentiment is from the Natural Expressions Wood Elements colored with a Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker.  This card was in my head for a bit before I could actually find the time to make it but it came together quickly.  Thanks for checking it out.  Now its your turn to create something INKspired by that great image and upload it over at SSI!  




No comments:

Post a Comment