Thursday, April 13, 2017

SSI April Blog Hop - Spring Has Sprung!

Hello and welcome to the April installment of the Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration Blog Hop.  This month's theme is Spring Fever.  I am so thankful for spring.  We didn't get too much snow through the course of winter here in the Lehigh Valley, but we got a pretty big storm way too late in the season for my taste.  I am ready for warmer weather; seeing the leaves on the trees and the flowers starting to bloom.  As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 5 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Tobe B. @ The Craft Sea. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.  

So for my spring projects I decided to use my favorite Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Catalog; Succulent Garden.  Now I know nothing about flowers or succulents, and they might be more of a summer time thing, but flowers = spring so that is my story and I am sticking to it.  I created three cards using this paper and various different stamp sets.  


You might recognize this basic sketch, it was our card sketch back in October.  I punched three 2 1/2" circles out of the DSP.  Before adhering them down I stamped some splatters from Gorgeous Grunge in Tip Top Taupe.  I stamped and punched an bitty butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri.  The sentiment is from the Flower Patch stamp set.  

Up next is another card using this fabulous paper.


I love this sheet of the Succulent Garden DSP.  I used it in each on of my cards.  I love this style of card when you get to show off both sides of our fun paper.  I tucked some of the Gingham Tip Top Taupe underneath to show that off as well.  I love the pop of Calypso Coral, I used it for my sentiment as well, from Greatest Greetings which is layered on the Mint Macaron striped ribbon.  I did not buy the Succulent Garden stamp set and framelits, so I used my Botanical Builders to make a flower and leaf.  I finished my card off with a silver foil dragonfly and a metal rimmed pearl.  



Here is my last creation:


See, I told you I loved that sheet of DSP.  This time I paired it up with the monochromatic version of itself in Mint Macaron on the bottom part of the card.  I added some Calypso Coral butterflies as well as some twine in the same color.  The sentiment is from Kinda Eclectic.  I added some pearls on the butterflies as well.  



So a majority of the goodies I used to make these projects are retiring, including Kinda Eclectic, my go to stamp set when I have a creative block.  The butterfly punches are retiring which is so very sad!  And we are also saying goodbye to Gorgeous Grunge as well.  Some of these items are on sale too, like the Succulent Garden DSP, the Greatest Greetings stamp set, Mint Macaron Striped ribbon, and the Botanical Builder Framelits.  But all tools and accessories are while supplies last, so you better hurry!    

Up next is Jen G. @ Faith.Grace.Stamp.  She has such a great style to her projects, I can't wait to see what she has for us!  


Blog Hop Participant List:

1. Cathy A. @ Maine Mountain Stamper
2. Diana E. @ Stampin' Fun with Diana
3. Cheryl H. @ Create with Cheryl
4. Nichole L. @ Scrappy Stamps & Ink
5. Tobe B. @ The Craft Sea
6. Jennifer G. @ Jenny G Paper Crafts
7. Jen G. @ Faith.Grace.Stamp
8. Kim R. @ Stampin' with Kim
9. Bree R. @ Craft-somnia Momma
10. Darla R. @ Stampin' with Darla

1 comment:

  1. love all the colors on your card and am so sad few of the stamp sets are retiring!!!

    ReplyDelete