Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Yummy Cupcake with Sprinkles!

Happy Hump Day!  I don't know about you, but this week is flying by for me.  I was thinking to myself that I can't wait until life slows down, but I am starting to realize that with two kids, a part time job and a husband and house to keep up with; this just might be life from here on out.  But at least I can steal away a few moments to my studio to create.  It really is my happy place.  Check out today's project inspired by the Cupcake theme over at SSI:


I decided that I should be focusing on the amazing and retiring 2015-2017 In Colors and today I am using Watermelon Wonder and a little bit of Tip Top Taupe.  I made the cupcake first with the Sweet Cupcake bundle.  I used So Saffron for the bottom part of the cupcake with some tone on tone stamping along with stamping off to get all the different shades of yellow.  For the frosting, I started off with some stamped off Flirty Flamingo for the bottom layer, followed by full strength Flirty Flamingo and then topped off with Watermelon Wonder.  I dotted some Fine Tip Glue and sprinkled some of the Sprinkles from the Frozen Treats Suite.  I layered my cupcake on some of the Stitched Shapes framelits and Layering Ovals Framelits.  I embossed my background with Confetti embossing folder, since I realized I hadn't used that in awhile.  I added a few more enamel shapes and a strip of striped ribbon to finish off my card.  

Well now I really want a yummy strawberry cupcake!  For more sweet inkspiration, head over too SSI.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment