Friday, April 21, 2017

Hang In There!

Tomorrow is Earth Day, so over at SSI we are featuring nature inspired cards.  Thankfully Stampin' Up! has just about every flower in stamp form as well as several other trees and landscapes.  This worked out well for me because I wanted to make a card for someone I work with who I think could use a little something to make her smile: 


I knew I wanted to use the You've Got This stamp set...I just love this flower!  I started off wanting to do a watercolor emboss resist, but then I realized that I didn't have any watercolor paper.  How did that happen?  So instead I just used some Shimmery White, stamped the outline in Basic Black and then painted with the Aqua Painters.  I filled the center of the flower with some Wink of Stella Gold Glitter.  I knew I wanted to use Watermelon Wonder but decided to pair it with Wild Wasabi.  I just love the Petal Burst embossing folder, I am so glad it will be around next year.  I sponged some Wild Wasabi on a lace doily .  I will confess that the sentiment is positioned to cover up a mistake...I had a little watercolor mishap.  I think it works though.  I really do love this Watermelon Wonder!  It is bright but you can tame it by pairing with other colors.  

For more nature inspired cards, head back over to SSI.   

No comments:

Post a Comment