Monday, February 27, 2017

February Technique Challenge

Happy Monday!  It has been a very busy weekend here.  I had a super fun stampin' party yesterday and got a chance to catch up with my friends while creating, pretty much a win-win!  Today we have a fabulous technique challenge for you over at SSI.  Check it out:

  
I love embossing.  So this technique was perfect for me.  I know I tried it before but I am not sure that I knew the name of it.  Here is my card:


I knew this rose would be perfect for this technique.  I went with a Melon Mambo card base.  I stamped the large image with versa mark and then heat embossed on vellum.  I flipped the vellum over and colored with some Stampin' Write markers.  I decided to go with a bright color and then a lighter complimenting color.  For the pinks I went with Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo.  For the the shades of green, I chose Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron.  I stamped the sentiment with Flirty Flamingo and cut out a stitched oval and layered with with a scallop oval.  

This card was so fun to do.  Head over to SSI to see the other designer's creations and then upload yours!  

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card!!! Love the colors and the leaves really look like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete