Monday, February 20, 2017

February INKspiration Challenge

It is already Monday and I hope that you are having an uplifting start to the week.  We have a fabulous INKspiration challenge for you this week at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration, check it out:


Hot-air balloons are totally on trend right now.  And the Lift Me Up bundle along with the Carried Away DSP are pretty much my favorites right now, check out the Sampler I made with these fabulous products:


I started with a 12 x 12 piece of Night of Navy and mounted on a 9.25 x 9.25 piece of Whisper White.  I made 5 smaller 3 x 3 squares and one 6 x 6 square.  Here is a close up of each part:


The Carried Away DSP has so many fabulous prints and the colors are bright and bold.  In the top right corner, I cut some clouds out with the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  I stamped and die cut a Night of Navy balloon to create a little scene on the Peekaboo Peach patterned paper.  To the left I took the fun balloon patterned paper and mounted it on some Watermelon Wonder card stock.  I added some Peekaboo Peach ruffled ribbon.  


For the large square, I let the Mint Macaron cloud pattern paper be the background to a trio of die cut balloons.  The largest one is the detailed balloon cut in Smoky Slate with stripes underneath in coordinating colors.  For the smaller balloons I stamped with Smoky Slate on to some Smoky Slate card stock and die cut them with the Up & Away framelit dies.  I also die cut the DSP and then trimmed it and layered on the Smoky Slate balloons.


The top left part is my favorite sheet of the Carried Away Designer Series Paper.  I love the overhead map and thought it would be a perfect space for the small sentiment.  For the middle section, I picked the Smoky Slate polka dot page and put some clouds on it and some balloons with some tone on tone stamping.  


For the bottom part, I took another sheet of balloon printed paper and layered it on some Peekaboo Peach card stock.  I wrapped some of the striped Watermelon Wonder ribbon and added a wooden heart element.

I had so much fun making this little sampler.  I know that the other designers over at SSI did some amazing projects as well.  Head over there and don't forget to create your own and enter our weekly challenge.  








No comments:

Post a Comment