Monday, February 13, 2017

February Card Sketch

These weekends just go by faster and faster any more, huh?  The best thing about Mondays is that we have a new challenge for you over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration.  Today is our card sketch and it is a great one:


I decided to combine some awesome Designer Series Paper with a fun and fabulous Sale-A-Bration stamp set:


Can you believe this is the first card I made with this Chick?  Something about the patterns and color of the Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP made me want to combine it with the Hey Chick stamp set.  I started with a Night of Navy card base and added that floral DSP with hints of copper in it.  I was afraid to cut it, but if I never cut it and use it, what is the point of buying it?  I added a few other pieces of the DSP and then stamped the funky chick and watercolored him with some blender pens.  I used the awesome combination of the Layering Ovals and the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies.  I decided to use the Duet Banner punch for my sentiment, stamping in Watermelon Wonder and layering my banner on it as well.  I finished the card off with three Daffodil Delight enamel dots.  Here is the inside:  


I just stamped the cute sentiment and added a bit of Washi Tape.  Remember the insides of your cards and the envelopes!  

This sketch really gave me a chance to show off some amazing DSP.  I can't wait to see what you can do with this card sketch.  Create your project and upload it over at SSI!


No comments:

Post a Comment