Monday, February 6, 2017

February Color Challenge

I love stealing away some time and heading down to my studio to create.  My part time job has become very involved, so it is nice to have an opportunity to create something of my own.  But sometimes I need a little help, so that is why I love participating in online challenges.  Or in this case, providing some INKspiration for those wanting to participate in the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration challenges.  The first Monday of the month is our color challenge.  Check it out:


This is great because I am trying to really give those retiring In-Colors (Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon) a proper send off with lots of use.  Plus, I can't remember the last time I used So Saffron.  Oddly enough, after the colors were choosen, I determined the sketch of my card by grabbing a piece of Old Olive from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.  Then the rest of my card took shape:


I love the Designer Series Paper Stacks...you get so much paper in such great universal patterns.  I have the Brights Collection and the Neutrals Collection.  With my card, I started with a So Saffron card base and added some Whisper White embossed with the Petal Burst embossing folder.  I added a strip of the script Old Olive DSP.  I decided to use the Lift Me Up bundle, so I die cut the large intricate hot air balloon in Watermelon Wonder.  I used some of the Striped Watermelon Wonder ribbon and layered on my sentiment.  I finished my card off with some rhinestones on the balloon and one accenting the sentiment.  Here is the inside:


I added a few more balloons and another piece of the Old Olive DSP.  I really like these colors together, I would have never thought of them!  Now its your turn to create with them and upload your project over at SSI!

   

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout & the inside! So many different ways to use those balloons!

    ReplyDelete