Monday, December 26, 2016

December Technique Challenge

Did you make it through all the Holiday festivities?  Hopefully this Monday finds you relaxed from that Christmas frenzy!  We were lucky to be home all day on Christmas and my kids had a wonderful Christmas full of fun toys.  I had some time Sunday night to create for this month's Technique Challenge over at SSI:


So I am going to show you my project step by step...well sort of at least.  I decided to use some brand new products coming very soon in the 2017 Occasions Catalog; the Dragonfly Dreams bundle.  This idea was in my head and I think I like how it turned out.  Here is the stencil I used:


I cut out the small dragonfly swarm and sponged in shades of pink and purple (Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant).  I realized that I wasn't getting enough of the dragonflies' wings so I took out the inner piece and added more sponging:


I decided to use the butterfly bodies from Watercolor Wings and stamped them on in Basic Black.  I added a sentiment and a ribbon:


I like how it turned out...I think next time I would try to do a rainbow using the Brights family.  But I am just absolutely smitten with the color Sweet Sugarplum.  That glitter ribbon is retiring, so you better get it before its gone.  It will go with a beautiful new suite in the 2017 Occasions Catalog calling Falling In Love!  Here is the inside:


I lightly stamped the large dragonfly in Blushing Bride (I think I even stamped off as well) and then stamped my inside sentiment right over it.  I love the idea of this card and will be trying it again with some other things.  

You should check out other designers' projects over at SSI and create your own project using the Masking/Stenciling technique.  Inky fingers = fun to me!  :)  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment