Monday, December 5, 2016

December Color Challenge

First Monday of the month which means I am sharing some inkspiration for the Color Challenge over at SSI.  Check it out:


Oh man, Darcy made this one a bit of a challenge.  I was tempted to make a Christmas card but instead I grabbed a stamp set I got from the Stampin' Up event that will be featured in the upcoming 2017 Occasions Catalog.  Here is my card:


The stamp set is called Cool Treats and it does have a set of framelits to go with it along with yummy DSP, washi tape and some sprinkles embellishment (and they should be at my house the middle of this week).  So you will be seeing more of this set for sure.  The colors made me think of yummy ice cream or frozen yogurt and I knew that Sahara Sand could double as a cone.  For the cone and ice cream, I did some two-step stamping, first stamping off for the first layer for a lighter shade of color.  If you haven't gotten the Stitched Shapes Framelits, they might be on back order now.  But let me tell you, you do need them so be sure to put them on the top of your wishlist.  They pair perfectly with the Layered Ovals (Squares and Circles) here.  I used some Flirty Flamingo envelope paper and ruffled ribbon.  

I can't wait to see what the other designers at SSI created with these colors.  And I would love to see what YOU can do!  Create and project using these colors and upload it to our page!  


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get that ice cream set after seeing your card! Love the swirls in the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete