Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fairy Celebration

We are talking about our favorites over at SSI and I have lots of them.  But I am picking my daughter's favorite stamp set today and that is Fairy Celebration:


So cute right?  I have big plans for this stamp set.  Here is the first card I created with it:


I used the Blooms and Bliss DSP for the background and for my color palette.  Mint Macaron is like my absolute favorite color and it pairs so nicely with Blushing Bride!  I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper for some extra sparkle.  Instead of the cherries, I added some flowers on the tree branch.  I had to watercolor that little fairy on some Shimmery White DSP, here is a closer look:


I love using the aqua painter here to give it a true watercolor look.  I used Sahara Sand for her skin, Soft Suede for her hair and the tree branch, Mint Macaron for the leaves on the branch and her skirt and Island Indigo for her shirt and Blushing Bride for the inside of her wings.  I used an Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker for the edge of the wings and coated them with the clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.  Here is a peek at the inside:


I like the idea of the the little fairy subtly stamped on the bottom.  Of course she has some glitter on her wings as well!  

Thanks so much for looking.  Head over to SSI to see the other designer's favorite news stamps.  

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I hadn't planned on getting that stamp set, but after seeing your adorable card, I have to have it!! Love your watercoloring & the flowers hanging from the tree!! Thanks for persuading me!

    ReplyDelete