Monday, August 1, 2016

August Color Challenge

Hello there!  Are you just loving the new 2016-2018 In Colors from Stampin' Up!?  I love finding new color combos with these fabulous hues.  And this month's color challenge at SSI happens to use one of them with some of our core colors.  Check it out:


Since losing Blackberry Bliss, I am sure I will be reaching for Rich Razzleberry a lot more now.  I had an intial idea with these colors using the Botanical Blooms stamps, but I ended up going a different direction.  Here is my card:


I have to give credit to Tobe for showing off the In-Color Envelope Paper, which is the Peekaboo Peach background paper.  I am so glad she did because I just love it now!  I decided to pair the Moroccan Nights stamp set with Thankful Thoughts.  If you are wondering how I made that scallopped Pear Pizzazz layer, I just used the 3/4" circle punch.  I added a gold metallic enamel star inside my lantern.  Here is a peak at the inside:


I like the idea of stamping more than just the sentiment in the inside.  For the large medallion, I stamped off in Pear Pizzazz first for a light shade.  And I added some Peekaboo Peach washi tape from the Playful Palette Washi Tape.  My goal this year is to use up all my washi tape!  :)

Thanks so much for checking out my card!  Head over to SSI and upload your project using these three fabulous colors!   




No comments:

Post a Comment