Friday, September 2, 2016

Touches of Thanks

Touches of Texture was the first must have stamp set I saw in the Annual Catalog.  I paired it with the Thankful Thoughts stamp set along with a fun bright color palette for this thank you card:


I did a little emboss resist with that fun flower.  For this technique, I stamped the flower in Versa Mark, covered it with white embossing powder and then used my heat tool.  Then I took sponges in Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush and sponged over it.  I also sponged the edges with Crumb Cake and added some extra background stamping and a bee also in Crumb Cake.  I added some banners from the Affectionately Yours DSP and a little bow with some Linen Thread.  Linen Thread is a fabulous accessory and adds just the right touch to any project!  

Just a little note, I love heat embossing, it might be my favorite technique...its adds such a wow factor and really isn't that difficult to do.  If you are looking to step up your paper crafting, investing in some VersaMark, Embossing Powder and a heat tool is a great way.  I LOVE my Big Shot and all the dies that I get, but all of those tools can be expensive. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I promise to be back next week with lots of projects featuring products from the brand new Holiday Catalog!  Head back over to SSI for more thank you cards!
  

1 comment: