Friday, November 4, 2016

Santa's Sleigh

I am so excited to get Christmas cards done early this year.  My plan is to have them all created, signed, addressed and stamped before Christmas.  I am well on my way.  The only thing that I have yet to do is get a family picture to put in there, but I think we can get that done.  The next thing I have to do is get started on my Christmas Shopping!  Anyways, I have a fun card to share with you that uses several goodies from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog, including an awesome set of framelit/thinlit dies!


Of course I got the bundle, but I was most excited for that sleigh.  The deer and tree are pretty awesome as well.  Here is the card I created:


I created this while I was away at a retreat with some fabulous other Stampin' Up! demos so of course I used some of their stuff.  One friend had the Merry Medley background stamp which I really wanted to play with.  This card is a little more modern looking than I usually create, but I was happy with it.  I started with some Whisper White and stamped the background with the Basic Black Archival Ink.  I stamped the sleigh first in Cherry Cobbler and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Precision Base plate.  I made 8 of these and I had no problem with the intricacies of the die.  I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Sheet as a strip of ice and some Emerald Envy ribbon and washi tape to finish it off. Here is a peek inside:


I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and then added an Emerald Envy tree.  I am trying to stamp on everything this year, inside the card and on the envelope!  

Thanks so much for checking out my project today.  Over at SSI we are sharing our favorite dies, so head back to see what the other designers love!  




No comments:

Post a Comment