Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Night of Navy and Calypso Coral

Inspiration can come from anywhere.  Sometimes I use a color scheme for a layout from a cute outfit my kids are wearing.  I might plan a birthday card all around someone's favorite flower.  I have created banners and wreaths using the fantastic colors from great DSP.  That is what I love about creating, I draw from all sorts of inspiration around me.  Today at SSI, we are drawing our inspiration from this photo.


For me, what jumped out was the colors Navy and Coral.  I also love the ombre artwork on the wall.  From that photo, I was inspired to create this card:


It might be hard to see in the photo but I tried to create an ombre effect with the background paper.  It is the Irresistibly Yours DSP colored with the Calypso Coral Blendabilities.  The card is actually an easel card:


I love this color combo, its just seems very elegant to me.  Calypso Coral has been my go to color recently.  And I absolutely adore this stamp set and thinlit bunde.  For more inspiration, check and see what the other designers have come up with over at SSI.







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment